Laser tattoo removal is recognised as one the best ways of removing unwanted tattoos and Laserase Bolton has been successfully removing tattoos for over 20 years.
People want their tattoos removed for many reasons – maybe they don’t want the name of a ex-partner any more, maybe they have a wedding coming up or they are starting a new job – whatever the reason, here are ten things you need to know about laser tattoo removal.
- Laserase Bolton uses the Q Switched Ruby Laser – the medically acknowledged laser of choice for tattoo removal.
- Laserase Bolton has successfully carried out over 10,000 laser tattoo removal treatments.
- The number of treatment sessions needed depends on the size and colours of the tattoo and how deep the ink goes.
- Different coloured inks respond differently to laser treatment – some disappear completely while some may not totally fade. We will advise you before treatment starts.
- A treatment session can last from five minutes for a small tattoo up to an hour or more for large or multiple tattoos.
- There’s no denying that laser tattoo removal can be uncomfortable, but the level of pain depends on which area of the body is being treated.
- Some patients may blister after treatment, but this will usually resolve in a week or so. Full recovery can take between four and six weeks.
- After treatment, the area must be covered, or sun cream factor 30+ must be applied.
- The Ruby Laser has been used around the world for more than 15 years and has probably treated millions of tattoos with absolute safety.
- At Laserase Bolton, we provide a free consultation before treatment starts, to advise you on the number of treatments needed and the costs involved. A test patch will be undertaken before treatment.