Off on your holidays soon? Well here are ten easy ways to protect your skin in the sun this summer.
Over exposure to the sun can lead to a wide range of skin problems, including premature lines and wrinkles, blotches and blemishes, accelerated ageing of the skin and, most seriously of all, skin cancer. So here are ten easy ways to keep your skin safe in the sun this summer.
- Don’t get sunburnt – as this can cause serious long-lasting damage to your skin.
- Cover up – when you’re out in the sun for any period of time, it makes sense to wear a T-shirt, hat and sunglasses.
- Use a high factor sunscreen – we recommend factor 30 or more on exposed skin.
- Apply sunscreen liberally – to all exposed areas of the skin before going into the sun and reapply at two hourly intervals, or more often if it is washed or rubbed off.
- Stay in the shade – when the sun’s at its hottest around midday, it makes sense to spend some time in the shade.
- Stay protected – don’t forget to protect your skin whenever you’re exposed to the sun and not just when you are actually sunbathing.
- Don’t forget your lips – lip cancer is on the rise, so use lip balm with sun protection.
- Keep your eye on the kids – make sure they cover up or use sunscreen too.
- Not just bright sun – even when it is cloudy the sun’s UV rays can get through, so don’t be fooled!
- Worried about sun damaged skin – then come in for a free skin scan and skin health assessment at Laserase Bolton.
We see lots of people with damaged skin at Laserase Bolton and, although we like to help all our clients look their best, we’d encourage everyone to take care of their skin in the sun to prevent long-lasting damage.