As we age, our skin becomes drier, duller and less elastic, causing lines and wrinkles to form, so here are six ways to turn back time with our skin rejuvenation treatments!
Skin starts to age from the mid twenties onwards, but these changes get more pronounced in our thirties. The skin starts to change in texture and levels of hydration. Its gets drier, patchier and the natural glow we have as teenagers slowly starts to reduce.
Between 35 and 40 we start to develop crow’s feet, which are the fine lines around the eyes, and frown lines and forehead and neck wrinkles start to deepen. Some may even start to get dark patchy skin and suffer from pigmentation marks.
The good news is that, with the right treatment, the ageing process can be slowed and even reversed. Non-surgical skin rejuvenation is perfect for helping with the milder signs of ageing and even the more severe signs can benefit from our treatments, although more sessions may be needed to achieve the desired look.
Here are six skin rejuvenation treatments which can help turn back time:
- Platelet rich plasma treatment – a non-surgical procedure that involves taking plasma from a person’s own blood and re-injecting it to smooth out fine lines and rejuvenate the skin.
- Muscle relaxing injections – work by blocking the release of an enzyme at the junction of the nerve and muscle, paralysing the muscle so lines and wrinkles can’t be formed.
- Dermal fillers – when injected into the skin they naturally integrate into the tissue, adding volume, so can be used to smooth out facial folds and wrinkles as well as to enhance lips, cheeks and chins.
- Laser skin resurfacing – can be extremely effective in reducing facial lines and wrinkles. At Laserase Bolton we use the Harmony Pixel Laser to improve the quality and texture of skin while stimulating collagen regeneration.
- Micro-needling – involves using a medical device to provide a controlled physical stimulation of the skin, which encourages skin regeneration.
- Skin care products – we can also improve your skin by recommending a carefully selected range of skin care products to treat oily or dry skin, combat uneven skin tones, brighten and hydrate skin and generally improve the health of your skin.